Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kindle Reading...with no Kindle?

I keep blaming it on the whiskey, but I'm told that I broke my Kindle. It was a while back now that it happened...a few friends over, some cards, my Kindle in my purse and a small...biff. I guess it was more of a fall.

It took me a few days to realize what had happened and when I did it took me even longer to call Amazon. They kindly informed me that it would be $65 dollars to fix the thing. That's fine, but at the time I was without the extra cash.

They did inform me that I could download the Kindle reader for the computer. I was in the middle of A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, which I've read a few ti

mes and wanted to reread when the whiskey broke my Kindle screen.
Recently I've come up with a brilliant idea. I can now read and crochet at the same time. It's hard to do that with a book, and even with a Kindle, unless I had a stand, which I don't. I'm making a throw for a friend for Christmas and it will be quite easy to just open the Kindle reader on my computer set it up on my lap and go to town. I'm hoping my new multitasking plan will work.

Have any of you tried this? Or something like it. I usually don't even read and do anything else at the same time, maybe listen to some music. So I'm not sure that this plan of mine will work...but I hope to get back into reading AND make sure that I get this Christmas
present done at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. So how'd it work out!? I'm a bit behind on my Google Reader but thought I'd step in and wish you luck! I don't usually multitask while reading, unless you count pumping breastmilk and reading multitasking.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I like to knit and watch television and always thought it would be impossible to read and knit but uploading a book to the computer would work. Thanks for the tip.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D