Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Half Way Through!


Hello Hello!! Hope everyone is having a nice calm Wednesday morning. I know I am. I just made my coffee, looks delicious in my Alice in Wonderland latte cup! And now I'm sitting down to express some thoughts to readers like you!

This morning I was thinking about another hobby of mine, and how reading touches it all the time.

I'm a huge fan of The Sims. Played every one. 3 is by far the best, in my honest opinion. But that's not the point of this little post. I find myself, often, using names from characters in books for the names of my Sims. I know that my mom does the same thing, but I was wondering if we were the only people out there weird enough to tie this two completely separate past times together.

I also have plans to name a dog after a character in a book. Someday, oh someday, we'll have a harlequin Great Dane named Hatter. My fish was named after Alice. And the fish before that, may his cute fishy but be swimming in a sea of happiness, was named Carpenter (which is a slightly less obvious Alice in Wonderland reference).

I know that good friends of mine have named their children after authors. We know a little girl named Ravyn Poe.

So I'm wondering on this serene Wednesday morning. Readers, have you named anything after books or the characters in them? If so, do tell

2 comments:

  1. No I haven't named anything after a book character. But I might one day its still an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gave me an idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D