Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Reads & Other Things

My reads for August were so few. It's a little sad. Only two books read, and one was actually a short story. But, everyone goes through slumps, and with the new book discussion group and the lack of anything to do with my evening hours, I'll be more likely to read in the upcoming months. I'm looking forward to fall so that I can spend some time reading outdoors. I love reading in a nice shady spot, underneath a tree, or even in the park where I can look like I'm reading but also do some people watching. It makes you look slightly less creepy.
Probably not.

I read Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon and A Dark Hunter Christmas by the same author. I enjoyed them both, and while I'm loving this series I feel it's time to take a little break. Today I started reading Medicus by Ruth Downie, which was highly recommended by a friend. I'm seriously digging the humor that has showed already and the settings are pretty cool. As always, descriptiveness in moderation is important to me, and even more so, well rounded and intriguing characters. It looks like Ms. Downie will be producing both in Medicus. I'm also loving that it was a bargain buy!! $3 at Big Lots. I usually peruse their books and don't find much interesting. I was more than a few feet away when I spotted Medicus and just couldn't believe my eyes. I'm glad I picked it up. I'm sure it's going to help greatly with my current slump.

The picture above was taken with my cell phone today at work. I needed that Anti-Cranky Juice. I just wanted to go home and sit on the couch with a book!!

Hope everyone has had a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D