Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
ISBN: 978-0-312-93432-3
Pages: 331
Back of Book Description:

In the realm of the Dark-Hunters, there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow: Harm No Human. Drink No Blood. Never Fall In Love.

But every now and again, a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing that the fearless fear. Step over theline and it's my wrath you will face. nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling.

Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes y the name of Danger--it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury, and most likely, executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they will all die.

Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart i thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has it that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?

My Rating: A

My Review:

It took me a month to get through this novel. After page 114 it was good, and it was full of all the things I loved about the previous ones. It just took a while to get there. The characters aren't as loveable and engrossing as they were in previous books. The new secondary characters weren't introduced as well as has been done in previous books, but eventually we learned enough about them to care.

The end of the book was succinct. Again, unlike the previous novels there wasn't a lot of explanation at the end, though it did wrap up well.

I did enjoy the main characters. It took me a while to warm up to both of them, but in the end their connection and at least one situation they were put in brought me to tears.

This is not the best of the Dark-Hunter novels that I've read so far, but it does move the story right along and helps bring a lot of answers to a lot of questions I'd built up so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D