Monday, August 30, 2010

What's Up In Wonderland



There have been some major changes in the Wonderland household. For instance my fiance' has started a new job, today, and he'll be gone all evening, while I'm at work all day. This leaves a lot of boredom and also of course, some time for reading.

Another big change, which is unfortunate, is that I have to take some mandatory time off of school. This means that I literally have no extra responsibilities once I get home from work. This is good, and also bad. I of course could spend time cleaning the apartment, but that's not a constant chore when there's only two people and four rooms. So reading it is! I'm excited about this of course.

Right now I'm trying to power through Dream Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon, but it is the hardest as of yet of the series for me to get into. I'm also excited because I recently acquired Medicus by Ruth Downie, which my good friend Sari raved about and also had an author interview with Ms. Downie. I'm looking forward to this book!

Another great thing, is that my book discussion group went great. Last Wednesday was our first get together, and while there were only three (which is better than the 2 that showed up at my first book group a couple years ago in Illinois) we ended up closing down the cafe we were at. That's a great feeling. The three of us talked about everything, starting with books and moving on. We always tried to keep it coming back to book talk, and that's exactly what I was looking for with this group. I'm very proud. I'm also thankful for the cafe and their support of our small but worthwhile group. To anyone who feels that starting a book group is a daunting task, keep it to the basics at first and it's easy as pie.

Don't forget that there is currently a contest on my blog! I look forward to hearing some new ideas and gaining some new friends. The prize is a 25 dollar gift card to Amazon.com or BN.com (winner's choice)!

I'm off to do some blog hopping. Hope that everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D