Saturday, June 26, 2010

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
ISBN: 978-0-312-99243-9
Pages: 325
Back of Book Description:

Hail, Glorious Reader:
I was born the noble son of a legendary Roman senator. I walked through the ancient world as a general, admired and supreme until a brutal betrayal caused me to bargain my soul. Now I'm an immortal Dark-Hunter, bound to protect mankind from the evil scourge that haunts it. Over the centuries, I've seen many frightening things: plagues, pestilence, disco music...

And now Tabitha Devereaux. A human, she has trained herself to fight vampires every bit as capably as any Dark-Hunter. Idiosyncratic and off-beat, she is my personal bane--and yet she beguiles me. There are only two small problems. She happens to be the twin of my mortal enemy's wife. More than that, Tabitha and her sister are being stalked by a power that will not rest until everyone she holds dear is dead.

Unlike my Dark-Hunter brethren, I rely on no one by myself. they spurned me and I turned my back of them. But the only way to save Tabitha and her family is to find some way to bridge a two-thousand-year-old feud.

They say opposites attract, but can they stay together when even the Fates conspire to keep them apart? then again, the Fates have never dealt with the likes of Tabitha Devereaux before. They're going to be in for quite a fight...
-Valerus Magnus

My Rating: A

My review:

This book blew me away. This may have been the one I read the fastest. I am always surprised by how much back story you read in the Dark-Hunter novels. Zarek's held a lot, as well as Talon's but this one, Seize the Night held so much back story on so many character's, any more and I wouldn't have been able to keep it all straight. I love it when Kenyon does this. Her ability to write an exciting and twisting plot really shines through in this installment of the Dark-Hunter novels.

The love between Valerius and Tabitha grew, and it grew before your eyes. I really enjoyed that, and the real tension between Valerius and Kenyon was well written. There is one scene with Tabitha and Amanda that brought tears to my eyes, actually there were many scenes in this book that brought tears to my eyes. Kenyon's writing is effectively drawing me further and further in to this world, when I thought that I was already fully engulfed.

Two things that bothered me: There were some editing mishaps in the beginning, but they smoothed out towards the end. Also, the epilogue was seriously disappointing and flippant after the seriousness of the book. I was...let down by it, truly. The epilogue, only two pages of the entire story, was really what brought the rating from an A+ to an A for me.

Other than two problems, this book was wonderful and I have the next one ready right beside me. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D