Thursday, June 24, 2010

Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon
ISBN: 978-0-312-99242-2
Pages: 362
Back of Book Description:

Bride McTierney has had it with men. They're cheap, self-centered, and never love her for who she is. But though she prides herself on being independent, deep down she still yearns for a knight in shining armor.

She just never expected her knight in shining armor to have a shiny coat of fur...

Deadly and tortured, Vane Kattalakis isn't what he seems. most women lament that their boyfriends are dogs. In Bride's case, hers is a wolf. A Were-Hunter wolf. Wanted dead by his enemies, Vane isn't looking for a mate. But the Fates have marked Bride as his. Now he has three weeks to either convince Bride that the supernatural is real or he will spend the rest of his life neutered--something no self-respecting wolf can accept...

But how does a wolf convince a human to trust him with her life when his enemies are out to end his? In the world of Were-Hunters, it really is dog-eat-dog. And only one alpha male can win.

My Rating: A

My Review:

Of the Dark-Hunter books I've read, this is the only one with out an A+. I can't exactly put my finger on why I liked this one less than the others, but there was just something missing. It was still a great book though.

Vane and Bride's attraction to each other seemed as if it was a bit more superficial than the rest of the pairings I've read. Even though I love the idea of Vane loving someone like Bride and vice versa, it didn't seem as real. Also, there was a phrase that Bride must have said six times during the book, that kept detracting from the story, as I was finding it rather annoying.

Other than those two things, this book really was just as good as the others. The secondary characters, those who are recurring and the new, as always make the book even deeper, the plot's twists and turns keep it exciting!

I loved that Bride's self consciousness seemed real, but not over done. And the feeling she gets from being loved by Vane was healthy, but not dependent. Kenyon was treading on thin ice keeping it from toppling into the unhealthy and dependent waters, but her ability to write strong, in depth characters prevails over all.

I couldn't wait to start the next book, and even brought it to work with me and picked it up within minutes of finishing this one.

I still highly recommend this series and have been lending my copies of the books to everyone I can get to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D