Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover by Sherillyn Kenyon
ISBN: 0-312-97997-5
Pages: 307
Back of Book Description:

Dear Reader,
Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

My Rating: A-

My Review:

Altogether quite original from most books I've read I really enjoyed Fantasy Lover. I enjoyed the plot and the fact that what I thought was going to be the climax really wasn't, it was just something that moved the story along.

One thing that I particularly enjoyed about Fantasy Lover was the fact that there was one character I was sure wasn't going to be affected by Julian's curse, and he was. The god's were funny in this book, but not so hilarious that I was busting my gut laughing at them.

The downfall of this book was the sometimes generic dialogue. Over all it was good, but there were some awkward parts that probably didn't even need to be included. Anther issue I had was that by the end of the book Julian and Grace already had a sex routine...always starting in the same place.

I did enjoy the book as a whole, and intend on continuing with this series.

1 comment:

  1. I always have fond memories of this one since it's the one that got me started on my D-H addiction. Although I don't like it all that much during my re-reads. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D