Monday, March 22, 2010

Musing Monday - March 22, 2010


Where do you keep the books on the top of the tbr pile? Not the bunk of the mountain, but just the tip of the peak – the ‘almost up to’ books?

All of my books are in various shelves around the house. I don't generally look at my shelves to see what I'm in the mood to read next or even in the next month. I spend a lot of time perusing my TBR list on Paperbackswap.com and then find the book I want to read on my shelf. I find it's easier that way.

I also don't keep a list of what I want to read next. Often if I do this, I end up completely changing my mind by the time I'm ready to pick up the next book. Sometimes though, like with the book I'm reading now, I am just sitting, staring at my shelves and enjoying the view, when I'll notice one I've wanted to read for awhile and pick it up. Most times though, it's just the luck of the draw. There is no method in my madness, I just pick up and go.

2 comments:

  1. What is wrong with me? When ever I make a list of books to read, I end up arguing with myself. "who the hell am I to tell myself what to read" is what usually starts my psychotic rant. I always end up reading something else. Even when my TBR pile does call to me, the library or Paperback swap calls even louder. Sigh, my TBR pile only seems to shrink after I pick through it as part of my annual clean out. When I do read from my pile it takes me at least 20 minutes of looking, picking up, putting down, leafing through, sighing then finally just grabbing one. I know, I know, I have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no such thing!! You have have avenues that work well for you in your TBR choosing methods and some that you wish did, but just don't...

    It's sort of like men, but ultimately more important.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D