Thursday, February 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

This week’s question is suggested by Kat:

I recently got new bookshelves for my room, and I’m just loving them. Spent the afternoon putting up my books and sharing it on my blog . One of my friends asked a question and I thought it would be a great BTT question. So from Tina & myself, we’d like to know “How do you arrange your books on your shelves? Is it by author, by genre, or you just put it where it falls on?”

I don't have any set order that the books go on the shelves. They just get put in where the may fit. I have books stashed all over the house, mostly in the bedroom, and they are all stacked everywhere. I hope to someday have a better system, but our bedroom doesn't really have the set up for it. I'd love huge shelves, but my family thinks that more shelves would mean more books. Here are some pictures of the way my bookshelves use to look....(they are a bit different now)

Please remember, these are just a couple of the places I keep my books. There are many more. One of the newest is the back seat of my car.

6 comments:

  1. Hi!
    We have the same storage system. Where ever the fit on the shelf! It works for me! Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back of your car? You need some storage space. My response is here:
    http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2009/02/booking-through-thursday-storage.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrie,
    Thanks for understanding. I actually have recently decided that I need to quit buying so many books and start using the library more. We have a great interlibrary loan system here and I need to make good use of it. So hopefully my storage problems will be dwindled by that.

    Smilingsal,
    Yes, I realize that it's not the best place. But my family is not as keen on reading as I am, so if they are in my car, they are not cluttering the house. Out of site, out of mind sort of thing...
    I'm off to read your post now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are living with my In-Laws right now and all my poor books are in boxes! I wish I could have them on shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is difficult when your family doesn't support your love of books. Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I normally arrange by size and type: I have my paranormal/fantasy section, my chick lit, historical fiction, paperback tween series, and just general teen fiction!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D