Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One For The Money by Janet Evanovich

Photobucket

One For The Money by Janet Evanovich
ISBN: 0-312-99045-6
Pages: 320
Back of Book Description:

Welcome to Trenton, New Jersey, home to wiseguys, average Joes, and Stephanie Plum, who sports a big attitude and even bigger money problems (since losing her job as a lingerie buyer for a department store).
Stephanie needs cash--fast--but times are tough, and soon she's forced to turn to the last resort of the truly desperate: family...

Stephanie lands a gig at her sleazy cousin Vinnie's bail bonding company. She's got no experience. But that doesn't matter. neither does the fact that the bail jumper in question is local vice cop Joe Morelli. From the time he first looked up her dress to the time he first got into her pants, to the time Steph hit him with her father's Buick, M-o-r-e-l-l-i has spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e. And now the hot guy is in hot water-wanted for murder...

Abject poverty is a great motivator for learning new skills, but being trained in the school of hard knocks by people like psycho prizefighter Benito Ramirez isn't. Still, if Stephanie can nab Morelli in a week, she'll make a cool ten grand. All she has to do is become an expert bounty hunter overnight--and keep herself from getting killed before she gets her man...


My Rating: B-
My Review:

This first novel in the Stephanie Plumb sereis is a quick and easy read. The author is witty (though I didn't find the book to be as laugh out loud funny as I was told to expect). The way the characters interact with each other is easy and doesn't seem forced. The dialogue seems quite natural.

Often throughout the book I found that the dangerous situations that Stephanie got into were magically fixed. They almost always felt set up. Also towards the end of the book I felt that the author simply skimmed over important parts. As if the ending were rushed.

I do recommend this book to those who like something light and easy, just a little something to get your mind away from the everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Really? I totally loved it. Mine was on audio...that might have made a difference. I don't think it's a book I'd want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this series! Janet is one of my favorite "fun" authors and I am so thrilled when she has a new one out. I have read all of the Plum series and can't wait for #15!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D