Friday, July 25, 2008

My Immortal Protector by Jen Holling


My Immortal Protector by Jen Holling
Pages: 339
ISBN: 978-1-4165-2585-1

Back of Book Description:

A fiery witch able to communicate with animals, Deidra MacKay longs to relinquish her powers--they bring her nothing but misfortune and danger. So when she learns that years ago, her ancestors signed a blood pact with a vampire, cursing the MacKay clan with witchcraft, she presumes that a member of the undead can also take her magic away. So she embarks on a quest to find the one who can hopefully ease her miser.

an embittered and crippled Scotsman, Stephen Ross lives as a recluse--hiding from the world in a dreary castle. But when the intriguing and adorable Deidra arrives at his door hoping he is a vampire, he is intoxicated and aroused by her company. He joins her on her journey, hoping a vampire's magic might also heal his wounds--and soon finds himself enraptured in the heat of passion with Deidra, an affair that could put both their lives at stake.

My Review: A+

This is by far Miss Holling's best work. This was so much more than your average romance. There was action, and a bit of violence but nothing over the top. The love story was real and also not over the top. This was an engrossing and wonderful story and a great way to paranormal. She eases you into the idea that all of this world can truly exsist to the point that you're not spending half of the time you're reading trying to wrap your head around it all.

A wonderful book, and I can't believe I have to wait until October for the next one!!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Another awesome sounding book to add to my wish list, lol! I am thrilled to have found your blog, though my checkbook may not be after finding out about all these great sounding books, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is one of my favorite authors. I highly recommend her books.

    I'm also glad you found my blog. You're my first commenter that I can tell!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D