Friday, July 25, 2008

Coraline by Neil Gaiman


Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Number of Pages: 194
ISBN # 0-06-057591-3
Back of Book Description:

When Coraline steps through a door to find another house strangely similar to her own (only better), things seem marvelous.

But there's another mother there, and another father, and they want her to stay and be their little girl. The want to
change her and never let her go.

Coraline will have to fight with all her wit and courage if she is to save herself and return to her ordinary life.

My Rating: A+


Coraline has got to be one of the best 'quick reads' for all ages. I enjoyed this book immensely, and even though its a smaller book it was so well rounded. I think Coraline is one of the bravest characters I've ever read about. All of the characters are amazingly interesting, and the thought of an 'other mother' is truly frightening, especially this one. And the illustrations are both terrifying and beautiful!

I can't say much more about this book except for that I'd read it to my children (of an age) and to myself (which I did) no matter what. It's a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I have not heard of this one, but it sounds very good! I just did an interview with Kamilla Reid and she mentioned wanting to read this one also. I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D