Sunday, October 3, 2010

GoodReads and Book Depository


I just want to say that I am so pleased with the wonderful and supportive responses that I received from readers on my last post! I think this could become a great discussion, really.

I also wanted to post about my activity on Goodreads.com. I never found it very exciting in the past, but lately I've been excited to add books I'm reading on the site, as well as books that I've been adding to my shelves. If anyone is interested in adding me, or in me ad
ding them, my user name is Abookishwonderland.

I also wanted to talk about the Bookdepository.com. I don't think I had ever heard of this site, but was recently at a friends house when she mentioned it to me. Apparently, they are based in the UK and have FREE shipping on all orders!! For those of us in the U.S. these means longer shipping times, but also...FREE shipping!!! Free shipping is a great thing really, especially on books...with their weight and all. On my last order at BN.com the shipping itself was 7.95. That's almost a whole book! Where has this site been for the last...well..forever of my life? How many people have known about this before I did?? ::sigh:: I've always hated being late to the party.

Speaking of being late to the party. There was a book published in 1991 that looks delicious. It's title The Boomer Bible by R.F. Laird. The same friend that told me about The Book Depository told me about The Boomer Bible. I skimmed a few pages of her copy, and am looking forward to making it my next book purchase. This is not a short book, 880 pages. But it sure looks good. Very funny! And a very simple cover to make it all the more enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D