Friday, October 29, 2010

Follow Friday


It is quite happily....Friday! I'm excited to spend some quality time with my couch and my book.

Follow Friday is a great day as well, always fun learning about new and different bloggers.

The question today was:

If you have, or would have a daughter, what book would you want them to read?

As a younger girl I really loved Lurlene McDaniel's books, as well as The Babysitter's Club. I think what I read the most times was Black Beauty. Ahhh...I can still see scenes from that book in my head.

I'd want my little girl to read a well rounded amount of genres. Classics that show a girls feminineness and newer books that show the strength a woman can have.
I'd also want my child, male or female, to read all the genres I could get them to, that way I would be able to open up more worlds to them, and hopefully plant the seed of joy in reading.

While I'm here I wanted to mention the new and awesome Book&Blog email discussion group. Book Bloggers Unite is a group for those who love to read, and love to blog about reading to get together, talk book, talk blog, and talk life. Feel free to check us out here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bbunite/

5 comments:

  1. Hopping by from Follow Friday. I am following you and would love it if you follow me back at OpenBookEmptyCup.blogspot.com.

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following that darn mechnical bunny around. His gears and cogs are wound tight.

    I would want a library at my finger tips, wait I have a Nook. I would want a million books to be loaded on it now :)

    I do not have a post for this week's hop but I do have a most wonderful new review posted. Stop by and see what I had to say about Stardust.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!"
    Already a follower =)
    Have a fangtastic Halloween weekend!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for hopping over to www.susankmann.co.uk. I'm hopping back and hope your having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D