Saturday, December 12, 2009

Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
ISBN: 0-7783-2712-7
Pages: 443
Back of Book Description:

A lesson in loyalty - a master class in intrigue.

So far, I've managed to survive. You would think after being kidnapped as a child, imprisoned in my teens and released to become a poison taster, I would have endured enough. But no. The discovery of my magical abilities-powers forbidden in Ixia--has resulted in an execution order. My only chance is to flee to Sitia, my long-lost birthplace.

But Sitia is unfamiliar. I'm treated like an enemy--even by my own brother. Plus I can't control my powers. I want to learn about my magic, but there isn't time. A rogue magician has emerged and I'm targeted as his next victim.

Will my magical abilities save me...or be my downfall?

My Rating: A
My review:

In my opinion Magic Study fell a bit short of Poison Study. While there's a lot action and some great characters, I didn't feel the pull to read it like I did with the first book.

Ms. Snyder's characters were well rounded and her plots were full, but the ending actually became boring...it took me a few days to read the last 20 pages or so.

I do recommend this book, I just recommend that you don't get your hopes too high if you loved Poison Study. I do intend on reading Fire Study and the rest of Maria V. Snyder's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D