Sunday, September 27, 2009

Strongbow by Morgan Llywelyn

Strongbow by Morgan Llewelyn
ISBN: 0-812-54462-5
Pages: 156
Back of Book Description:

Based on true events of twelfth-century Ireland, this is the breathtaking adventure of Richard de Clare (Strongbow), the greatest of all Norman knights, and Aoife, the free-spirited but willful Irish princess who took up a sword alongside Strongbow to defend her people and her land.

My Rating: A

My Review:

This is one of the more simple of Morgan Llyweln's books that I've read. That doesn't mean it wasn't excellently written, it's plot was just more basic. The book follows the time-line of the fight to win Ireland by many great leaders. It also shows the growing relationship between Richard and Aoife, though not as deeply as I would have liked. I did feel very close with the characters, but found myself longing for more details on many aspects of the book. It was a quick and engrossing read though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D