Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
ISBN: 9780061214714
Pages: 400
Description from B&N.com:

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

My Rating: B

My Review:

I was a bit disappointed in this book by Melissa Marr. The first two books seemed well thought out and were easy to read, with Fragile Eternity though, I felt like I hadn't gained anything from the first 100 pages at all. I even contemplated going back and re-reading them again so that I could understand what was going on. By the end of the book things mostly seemed to fit together, but I didn't really feel that the drive towards Keenen for Aislinn was portrayed convincingly. I did like the way that the book ended and it's seemed to have a promise for a fourth. All in all it was worth reading, but for the first couple hundred pages was a struggle. Not at all what I expected from Marr.

3 comments:

  1. i totally agree with this.. i'm in the middle of reading it now and feel no real drive to continue reading it.

    The only reason i am is because i read the first two and i'm hopeing that it does come together in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it but I know alot of people that think the same as you. I didnt get around to posting a review. I so need to get on the stick. Nice post!
    ~Linda~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your take completely. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D