Friday, July 25, 2008

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber


Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber
Number of Pages: 253
ISBN: 978-0-06-009336-5
Back of Book Description:

Raven lives in "Dullsville," where nothing ever happens, Until now...

The mansion on top of Benson Hill has been empty and boarded up for years. But a new family has moved in. A family that never ventures out during the day. Who are these creepy people--especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? could the town gossip actually be true? Are they vampires?

Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth.

My Grade: B+

This is a surprisingly great read, and a quick one as well. I was interested in the story almost immediately and found all of the characters wonderfully three dimensional.
I loved the way the characters grew and how the main characters point of reference seemed to open up as the story went on.

I had to remind myself often though, through out the book that this was from the point of view of a 16 year old girl. I found myself wondering "Why is she thinking like that?" but, once I was back in her shoes, the writing was much more clear to me.

I plan on reading the rest of this series, and would have even if it hadn't have had a great surprise ending!

I highly recommend this book to those who enjoy Young Adult and Paranormal books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D