Friday, July 25, 2008

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr


Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
Number of Pages: 325
ISBN: 978-0-06-121468-4
Inside Flap Description:

Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes--not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils...


My Rating: A+

Just... wow. This is such an excellent book. I was so excited when the bookstore called and said it was in and was completely excited to get back into this world that Melissa Marr has artfully and flawlessly created. Wicked Lovely was a great book but personally I think that Ink Exchange surpasses it's creativity in at least one way. And this is one of the things that made this book so completely wonderful for me.

I didn't know who to love and who to hate, and ended up caring so much for all of the characters involved. I was completely in love with Niall the whole book and so frustrated and scared for Leslie. Irial is such a great and well rounded character, it's actually beyond me to think that this person doesn't actually exist somewhere.

I do recommend that if you've not read Wicked Lovely you read it first. It's an A+ book as well, and you would be able to understand more if you had the set up that Wicked Lovely gives.

I highly highly recommend this book and this author. I have every intention of keeping my eye out for more from her.

1 comment:

  1. I love this series!!
    I was able to get my greedy hands on a galley of Fragile Eternity. It is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D