Friday, March 11, 2011

Twitter and Friends



Oh Dear: I'm Addicted!



Twitter has been around for a little while right? How is it that I, while considering myself a pretty savvy interwebs person am just now getting around to making it a daily part of my life? For that matter, why I am I okay with it being so? I mean, I'm really falling away from Facebook, and Myspace was dead to me long ago...so why do I feel it's okay to 'waste' hours of my day staring at my 'timeline' after not really caring for so SO so long about twitter?

Friends. That's why. Facebook seems to be a place where I add people I already know. In the years that I've had Facebook I've never used it to really connect with anyone new, and in terms of what it does for me it's really very little. Most of my Facebook friends don't care about the blog, which is fine, but that just means that Facebook isn't really helping me out. I've gotten to the point where I consider Facebook to be an evil part of my life filled with farms, citites and Tetris Battle (I am a MASTER) but it's not really a place for me to connect with people anymore. Mostly, I'm offline playing games.


Twitter on the other hand is there for me to connect in all sorts of ways. I'll admit it, I'm a twitter stalker. If you and a friend are having a funny conversation, just imagine me lurking like a creeper over your shoulder and soon following you in an even more creepy way! I'm more likely to click on a blog post link on twitter than I am on my own blog roll! It's easier, it's more fun, and I have no idea why.

These things though, are completely overshadowed by the friends that I've made so far on Twitter. People who I really enjoy talking to, hearing from, and LOVE when they say nice things about me. Me! I love me, and I love when other people love me! I'm that kind of person and I'm okay with it.

People like @bookloveblog who happens to be the biggest supporter of the weekly video's that Kaylee and I put on the blog. And of course my newest friend @JennSommersby who makes me smile, and has kick ass tattoo's (just like me!). And of course the sweet girls @booksoulmates and @isabooksoulmate who I was already creepily obsessed with anyway and now get to stalk in a new and exciting way! These people make me smile, and they are just a keyboard away.

I'm still learning a LOT about Twitter and what I can do for those on it and what it can do for me, but I'm really enjoying this time. I love making new friends, and I love the fact that it is so easy for those of us who love books, love sharing our love of books and work hard to do so to connect!

In the spirit of our Three Weeks of Friendship here at A Bookish Wonderland, I just want to say thank you, thank you to the friends I've made, and the friends I hope to make. You all rock! Seriously, my socks are off they've been rocked so hard.



(I found that awesome image here)

5 comments:

  1. I've only just gotten into Twitter for what you could call (I guess) "professional" use, and I'm SO addicted. I lurk on my feed all day and try to strike up conversations with everyone. I feel like a creep, but it's so much fun! I can't help it!

    Sara
    http://smreine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined a few months ago and was addicted almost straightaway! Now, I've been a bit more relaxed on it, but once I sign on, I'm hooked! Love the graphic of Twitter on a cigarette pack - so true! :) I'm at @coffeebookchick

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past three weeks have been a nightmare since I haven't had computer access at all. Just got back on and I think I probably made up for the three weeks with all the tweeting I've done this weekend. Sure it is addictive but on the bright side at least there aren't any pesky calories.

    As for Facebook I really don't go on there. I have links sent for the posts I do for my blogs but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I avoided getting a Twitter account for so long because I didn't get it. I thought it was so stupid. But now that I have one for the blog I LOVE it. It's instant chat. It leaving messages. It's awesomeness. And thanks for the shout out. I <3 you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Twitter too... much more than Facebook (although I do belong to a great writers' group on FB). It's just so quick and easy and I love how you can reply to people when you feel like it. It's chat with zero pressure.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D