Saturday, August 7, 2010

Book Blogger Hop!

Book Blogger Hop

This is the first time I am participating in the Book Blogger Hop. I think it's such a great idea and it looks like everyone has so much fun. It's also helpful that I actually have a good answer to the question and it's a question I often ask others when I'm getting to know them online (in my book circles of course)

The question today is :

Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favorite reading tunes?

For me it really depends on what else is going on where I'm reading and what I'm reading. When I had an MP3 player I often listened to music when I was reading, and I would even try to match what I was reading with what I was listening to. For instance, when reading Karen Marie Moning's Darkfever novels I often threw on some modern Celtic rock or even traditional Celtic music. I've been known to listen to classical piano while reading as well as Gregorian chants.

While reading another bloggers posts I noticed that she mentioned that she often has the t.v. on while she's reading. That is a huge No No for me. I can almost 100% of the time never have the television on while I'm reading. I try, but find that I am not able to keep my attention on the book in front of me. I read in bed and often on the couch, but I find it's hard to get truly comfortable anywhere. I like to say that my favorite place to read is in the bathtub, but my current tub isn't comfortable for that either.

For the record, while posting this, I am listening to Tempest.

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by via the hop. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog this Friday =)))

    Have a wonderful Week! =D

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D