Monday, May 31, 2010

In Remembrance...


How sleep the brave, who sink to rest,
By all their country's wishes blest!
When Spring, with dewy fingers cold,
Returns to deck their hallow'd mould,
She there shall dress a sweeter sod
Than Fancy's feet have ever trod.
By fairy hands their knell is rung,
There Honour comes, a pilgrim gray,
To bless the turf that wraps their clay;
And Freedom shall awhile repair,
To dwell, a weeping hermit, there.
~William Collins


I wanted to show my support of my countries troops, all the soldiers and sailors and those serving in the airforce, who risk their lives to keep us safe and free. I also want to take a moment to remember those who have fought for our freedoms and lost their lives.

My father was in the United States Marine Corps, and my Great Uncle was in the Marine Corps as well. Two of the most wonderful men I've ever known, and while they lived lives beyond their service, their sacrifice was and is important to me.


Thanks to all of those who have served, to all of those who have lost loved ones who have served.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D