Monday, August 24, 2009

Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin
















Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin
ISBN: 978-1-4327-2439-9
Pages: 32
Back of Book Description:

Named for the Northern Lights, Aurora faces a woeful plight. To many lands she must roam, searching for her true home.

Come along as author Holly Hardin conjures a mystical world of adventure, sprites, and magical charms. After losing her parents, little Aurora sets off on her own. Because she's different, Aurora finds it difficult to find anyone who wil listen to her story, even at Christmas time. As her story continues, Aurora receives special gifts to keep her safe and important clues to find her new home.

Follow the journey as Aurora encounters a host of creatures along the way--including one very famous bearded man. What follow in this beautifully illustrated and delightfully written book is a heartwarming story of a home lost and found--and a Christmas lesson for us all.

My Rating: A+

My Review:

Wow. All I can say is Wow. This is such a great childrens story. I honestly as a 23 year old adult, cannot wait to read it again. The story itself is beautiful with wonderful flowing rhymes and a great lesson for old and young. I cannot wait to share it with my nieces and nephews. I think this really could be the next The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I wish it had been written when I was younger because I know it would have been my favorite story.

The illustrations are also beautiful, Donald Vanderbeek is wonderful and the they match the story amazingly.

I think this will be a classic quickly and really recommend it for young and old.

I also had a chance to speak with the author, Holly Hardin and ask her a few questions which she was kind enough to answer for me.


1. Is this the first book you've written?
No, I've written four others. The next comes out in 2010 and is titled Wendy Wyrdwitch and the Sunflower Pumpkin and is based on Michelangelo's Theory of Sculpture.

2. What age group is the book written for?
Ages 3-8.

3. Do you only write childrens books?
No. I started by writing meditation articles and I also wrote literary articles when I was in my twenties.

4. Do you have any interest in writing adult novels?


Yes. I've started two; Clipped and Return to the Grove. Both are about half-way finished.

I cannot Thank Holly Hardin enough for taking the time for speaking to me and answering my questions, and for writing this book. I really do recommend it to everyone out there with a child in their life.
Check out this book trailer and go buy this book!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D