Sunday, March 15, 2009

End of the Week 3.15 Plus a Poll

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

It's the end of the week post again. Which means for most normal people tomorrow is not a happy day, but for me, it means I don't have to get up at four thirty in the morning, so I'm quite pleased right now.

This week was a decent reading and book related week for me. I finished and posted my review of Vexing the Viscount by Emily Bryan and also my challenge for the email group I'm on, Mostly Books, in which we read a fairy tale or myth related book. I read Little Mermaids and Ugly Ducklings by Hans Christian Andersen. It was better than I imagined it would be. It also had some of the most beautiful illustrations I've ever seen.

I also starting reading, but am only about 30 pages into, A Rhyming History of Britain. It's very good and very funny, but I've mostly been caught up in Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Fergusson. It's surprisingly dark, but very good. I'm about 100 pages in and am quite entertained. It reminds me of Douglas Coupland's books and Guy Richie's movies, with out all the violence and robbery.

Lastly, I have some interesting news. My local newspaper, the Kankakee Daily Journal will maybe be publishing my book reviews. All I have to do is send them in. They apparently are always looking for people to review books for them, so I'm going to email them an older review and see how it goes. But, I need help decided what review to send. So I'm going to start a poll and whatever is chosen by tomorrow at noon, I'll email in. Of course I'll keep everyone updated. Don't get too excited though, it's not like I'm the only person to be reviewing in this paper, but it maybe could lead to something better. Maybe.

So, please check for the poll on the left of the page!

And now, for the beautiful books picture:

2 comments:

We love comments! Please feel free to tell us anything we make you want to say!! :D